CELEBRATING 18 YEARS OF CHILDREN'S HOME OF LOVE! (Don't miss our update below)
Dear Friends and Partners,
Our primary vision/mission is the same today as when the home was established in 2003; To raise up and educate the children that we receive, to be leaders and world changers through living in a healthy and loving home, and to eventually receive a college or trade education.
We feel that just keeping these children off of the streets is not enough, but that they have value and worth to positively impact their world.
Would you please pray for our 24 children? Below are specific things you can pray over them:
• That they will follow God's plan for their lives and learn His voice.
• That they will be whole: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
• That financially we will have the funds we need to provide for them.
• That the leadership running the home will have wisdom in all that they do.
• That our children will be physically safe.
Business Partner: $1,000 per Quarter
Elementary Child : $70 per month
High School Student: $122 per month
Student's 4 year College degree: $5,500 (Total Cost)
Of course, any amount is so very appreciated and helpful to support this work.
When you Support Children's Home of Love, you are contributing to the children's basic needs: including a loving staff, beautifully equipped homes, and the ability for them to attend a private school and have times away from the home of fun and play.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we appreciate your prayer and support of our Nepal outreach in Kathmandu. Every Gift that is designated for the Orphanage goes directly to Nepal.
Yolanda Morris (Daughter of Founder, Molly D'Andrea)
2021 Nepal Update:
Everyone is doing great in this new year! Here is a quick update:
2 students starting college this spring
2 students beginning their 2nd year of college
2 students in their last year earning their 4 year college degrees.
1 of our adult students living out of the home is finishing up her final year of college
1 of our adult students living out of the home is getting ready to do an internship in another country to finish up their college degree.
The rest of the 16 children are finishing up an extended year of school because of having several months off due to COVID. We have no doubt that they will finish strong!
Here are some specific prayer points that you can pray:
* That they will follow God's plan for their lives and learn His voice.
* That they will be whole: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
* That financially we will have the funds we need to provide for them.
* That the leadership running the home will have wisdom in all that they do.
* That our children will be physically safe.
* That the now adult children that were previously in our home, will be all that God has
created them to be and love like Jesus.
As a reminder: Every penny of designated donations go to the funding of Children's Home of Love. There are no overhead costs to CTN.
2020 Nepal Update:
As you can imagine 2020 was a difficult year for those that live in a 3rd world country. For Nepal, their main source of income is tourism and as we all know that came to a grinding halt. The other thing that they so depend on is an international supply chain which was greatly curtailed (because of closed borders) causing food, water and supplies to diminish quickly with 30 millions residents.
Because of God's faithfulness and our wonderful donor's we did not lack anything in providing for those entrusted into our care.
All of our children are doing great! Only 1 child contracted the virus and he recovered well.
They had several months off of school, but adjusted to doing remote learning. We invested in purchasing 4 computers so that our high schoolers can continue to do online classes. The younger students went back to in-person learning at the end of the year.
In December, our manager thought is was important to celebrate Christmas with those that have graduated the home and are now adults and make sure that they were all doing well and staying healthy. They had a special dinner and shared about their lives. We found out that some of them were struggling financially because of losses of jobs. We were able to bless them where needed. Our younger ones also enjoyed their own Christmas celebration.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
2019 NEPAL UPDATE:
The last week of March we traveled to Nepal to visit the kids for 2 weeks.
Here are some highlights from our trip:
* We had a sponsor donate so we could take them up into the mountains and stay at a resort for 2 nights. They loved it! Most of them have never stayed in a hotel before. We played endless hours of Uno, outdoor games, Worship and devotion times, and hiking.
* Another day, we went shopping for some school supplies. Our team visited a small preschool in a little village. We were able to give away towels and toothbrushes that we had brought with us and donate the school supplies to the school.
* One of the days we had so much fun with the kids, we had brought puzzles, coloring books, crayons, water color paints and other fun things that a donor had bought for us, we played, watched a movie and had a huge feast of fried chicken and other delicious food.
* One special evening we had a reunion dinner with 9 of the 13, now adults that have graduated the home and are living on their own. We had so much fun listening to where they are now in life.
Here is a brief description of some of the paths that their lives have taken:
- One of them owns his own coffee shop
- One of the girls is now a teacher in the very school that she attended when she lived in the home
- One of the girls was leaving the next day to do an internship in Germany for her culinary degree
- One of the young men had graduated college with a business degree and was leaving the following month to go to Bible school in India.
- Our first college graduate (who is now 26 years old) is a chef in a hotel
This is why we do what we do, provide for them, love on them, give them an education so that they can impact THEIR world and they are definitely doing that!
We are so proud of each one of them.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support of this international outreach of Christian Television Network.
2018 Nepal Update:
In 2018 we are celebrating 15 years of Children’s Home of Love!
When my mom and I traveled to Kathmandu in 2003 to open Children’s Home of Love with 10 children, there was no way to know how God was going to use it.
Today we can say we have a thriving Boys and Girls home. The home has been able to be a family to 33 children from when they have been small to adulthood. We have had 2 graduate from college and we currently have 9 in college who are doing wonderful with their education and many of them working as well. Over the years, we have also had 8 grow up in the home and are now thriving in adulthood working, taking care of their extended families in their own villages and in some cases finishing their higher education.
Brian and I had the privilege of celebrating Christmas with them in December 2017. Because of donations, we were able to purchase 15 new mattresses, 18 blankets/bedspreads with covers (so that they are easy to wash), and 27 pillows and pillow cases. What I love about this is that the old mattresses, blankets and pillows that were still usable, got distributed to some very poor areas up in other villages. Our older boys and staff had a wonderful time loving on people and giving them these much needed items along with outgrown clothes and other things. Our kids know that God has blessed them and they have such a heart to minister God’s love to other people- and YOU were a part of that.
We also shopped for Christmas items. The children told us if they needed jackets or shoes and we went shopping for 27 kids! That was quite the adventure, the real miracle is that we only had to take back 1 coat and 1 pair of shoes that needed a size change~ we were quite pleased with our shopping ability, especially since we were shopping for 2nd graders all the way to adults! Because of your generous giving we were also able to get each child a gift bag with some fun items such as perfume/cologne, treats and other little things, they were so surprised. We were also able to purchase 3 shopping carts full of yearly supplies such as: shampoo, deodorant, lotion, soap, toothpaste, cleaning supplies, etc.
We had a big Christmas party with tons of food, singing, and even a roaring firepit to help with the chilly temps (low 50’s). We also had 1 night with a pizza party, devotions and worship time. We love hearing our older kids play guitars and listening to all of their sweet voices worship the Lord in such a passionate way. We visited the new school that they moved to this year, met the principle and had a fun tour visiting all of the classrooms that 15 of our kids are in. They were so cute when they saw us show up at their door. We also got to watch our older boys play a very impressive, intense game of soccer, they are quite talented and we loved seeing them in their Children’s Home of Love jersey’s that we had made for them last year.
One of the other favorite things that Brian and I get to do is present our older kids, getting ready to graduate from high school, with their very own adult study Bible. We were able to give out 4 this year (That makes a total of 20). They are always so excited to receive these because they know this means they are transitioning into adults.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers to keep this powerful ministry of CTN moving forward.
To Mail A Donation:
Christian Television Network
6922 142nd. Ave., Largo, FL 33771
*In Memo, Please designate "Nepal Orphanage"